"NEW YORK ENVIRONMENTAL HOME MODIFICATIONS (E-MOD) SERVICES" PROGRAM
State of New York, USA.
Environmental Home Modifications E-mods do not usually include carpeting, roof repair, central air conditioning (unless medically necessary) or other repairs that are not medically necessary.
Environmental Home Modifications E-mods do usually include purchase and installation of:
- Free Ramp
- Lifts - hydraulic, manual or electric, for porch, bathroom or stairs - Lifts may also be rented
- Widened doorways and hallways
- Hand rails and grab bars
- Automatic or manual door openers and doorbells
Bathroom and kitchen modifications include:
- Roll-in showers
- Sinks and tubs
- Water faucet controls
- Plumbing adaptations to allow for toilet or sink adaptations
- Turnaround space changes or adaptations
- Worktables or work surface adaptations
- Cabinet and shelving adaptations
Other home adaptations include:
- Medically necessary heating or cooling adaptations required as part of a medical treatment
- Electric and plumbing systems necessary to accommodate necessary medical equipment and supplies
- Adaptations necessary to make the living arrangements accessible for daily functioning and provide safety access in emergency or fire evacuation situations
MORE WHEELCHAIR RAMP AND HOME MODIFICIATION PROGRAMS:
New Jersey Safe Senior Housing & Transportation Program - New Jersey, USA. Provides minor home modifications, home repair assistance and escorted transportation to seniors living in high crime areas.
New York Access to Home Program - New York, USA. Financial assistance to low- and moderate income frail elderly persons who have difficulty with daily activities and those with disabilities to make home modifications, adaptions and repairs to better meet their needs.
Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair Program - Across the USA. Habitat for Humanity provides subsidized critical home repairs and modifications for seniors to allow them to age in place and for those with disability or low income circumstances. A "Brush with Kindness" Program for exterior home beautification and the "Repair Corps for Veterans" Program is also featured.
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Across the USA. Federal program providing weatherization assistance to homeowners with the result of lower energy bills and energy use. US Department of Energy.
How to Build Wheelchair Ramps for Homes Program - Available online.
A manual, DVD video and specifications on how to design and build wheelchair ramps for senior and the handicapped.
Rebuilding Together Safe at Home Modification and Repair Program - Across the USA. Provides critical free home repairs, home modifications and home improvements for low-income seniors, adults and family homeowners.
National Directory of Home Modification Repair Resources Program - Across the USA. A directory put together by the National Resource Center on Supportive Housing and Home Modification of hundreds of home modification contractors and assistance with repair resources.
ElderProofHome.com Gift Card Program - Available online. Gift card for seniors to make home repairs and modifications that they may need, but may be hesitant to pay for by themselves. Home modification and repair safety improvements may be made such as: bathroom bars, safety rails, wheelchair ramps, threshold ramps, walkers, motion sensors, security locks, powered chairs, lift Seats, motion sensor stair lights and much more.