PETPALS OF SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY
WHATIn-home pet care assistance for seniors, the disabled and chronically ill individuals including pet food delivery along with pet care supplies, medicine, vet care transportation, grooming, emergency foster care and more.
WHYTo help support older adults and others on fixed-incomes to keep their pets healthy and avoid having to give their pet away.
WHEREPetPALS of Southern New Jersey. New Jersey, USA.
“PetPALS of Southern New Jersey works to improve quality of life for independent-living seniors and pets in need.”
“We have found that as people face financial difficulty, one of the hard choices and sacrifices they need to make is in their pet's veterinary care and, eventually, their food… this often places independent-living seniors in a difficulty position of having to choose between caring for themselves or caring for their pets, which leads to more pets being set free or surrendered to shelters, or being euthanized due to the inability to care for them.”
PetPALS of Southern New Jersey helps seniors and others care for their pets by providing help in the following areas:
- In-Home Pet Care Assistance – free pet food delivery, supplies and preventive medicine.
- Veterinary Care – help with finding a vet for free or discounted pet care.
- Pet Grooming - basic pet grooming and nail trimming.
- Transportation - free transportation to vet care and pet grooming.
- Education – safe pet guidelines and pet advocacy.
- Long-Term Planning - help with advance care planning for who will care for a pet when an owners passes away such as legal referrals, wills and power-of-attorney.
PetPALS of Southern New Jersey recognizes the positive effect that owning a pet can have on an older adult including lowering blood pressure, stress, anxiety, worry and decreased depression and loneliness.
Pets for Elderly