NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION BY MTM
“In 2005, an analysis by the Transportation Research Board revealed that nearly four million Americans miss or delay medical care each year because they lack transportation.”
“MTM quickly set industry standards and is now one of the largest and most established non-emergency medical transportation brokers, scheduling more than 14 million trips for eight million members nationwide while handling eight million calls every year.”
When medical plans offer a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation benefit to the elderly, those with disabilities, and others who require assistance they may be helping members to:
- Remove transportation barriers.
- Prevent missed medical appointments.
- Decrease the impact of chronic disease.
- Reduce cost of inpatient medical treatment.
- Save substantial healthcare funding.
Medical Transportation Management works with the following organizations to provide older adults and others with free transportation:
- Medicare and Medicaid programs
- Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
- State and County Governments
- Departments of Aging
- Hospitals and Health Systems
- Health and Human Service Departments
Customer service centers help clients, transportation providers, medical facilities, and members to access trip scheduling, resources, and reports.
Elderly Driver and Senior Transportation
WATCH VIDEO ON NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION