'THE DEMENTIA RESOURCE SUITE FOR SCHOOLS'
Health and Social Care Partnership.
"The prevalence of dementia increases with age. There are approximately 800,000 people currently living with dementia in the UK, with this figure set to double over the next 40 years."
The Dementia Resource Suite for Schools aims to increase awareness of dementia among young people. The program is based tools and resources developed by schools in an intergenerational project and comes with a how to guide for schools.
Dementia awareness for students includes:
- Understanding Dementia.
- Learning About Carers.
- Meeting someone With Dementia.
- Learn about the different types and causes of dementia.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of dementia.
- Learn how people can live well with dementia through support and technology.
Students may visit a care home or invite older people from the community to visit the school.
Some positive effects of the program may be:
- Better-informed adults in the future
- Increased understanding and treatment of those with dementia
- A generation with a greater interest in nursing, medicine and health care.
The program was put together with the help of the Dementia Action Alliance and Dementia-friendly communities.
Dementia Training and Dementia Advocacy
WATCH VIDEO ON 'THE DEMENTIA RESOURCE SUITE FOR SCHOOLS'