“NIKKEI SENIOR GARDENS ASSISTED LIVING” PROGRAM
Los Angeles, CA, USA
"Residents can tend their own garden plots. In addition, the complex includes a mini fruit orchard and an artfully designed Japanese garden. Although the facility is open to residents of all ethnic backgrounds, it was designed to appeal specifically to Japanese American seniors, many of whom enjoy gardening. "
- LA Times
The "Nikkei Senior Gardens Assisted Living" facility is surrounded by Japanese gardens, landscaping and a peaceful environment.
Services include: Assistance for seniors with activities of daily living, medication assistance, housekeeping, social and cultural activities, and much more.
The San Fernando Valley Japanese American Community Center is within walking distance and facilities include a gymnasium, auditorium, Japanese language school, martial arts, dining area and more.
Assisted Living services for Japanese American Seniors include:
- 24-hour care staff
- Three nutritious meals each day
- Option of Japanese or Western Meals
- Laundry and linen services
- Housekeeping services
- Private, handicap-accessible bathrooms
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and microwave
- Scheduled transportation
- Hair salon
- TV and recreational rooms
- Exercise program
- Medication assistance
- Phone and cable TV access
- Social, cultural and recreational activities
- Spiritual and wellness programs
- Library and reading areas
To enhance senior residents well-being, culturally diverse features include:
- Physical fitness classes
- Japanese Garden and landscaping
- Planned social and shopping outings
- Spiritual discussions and religious services
- Creative pursuits, including recreational and cultural activities
- Raised gardening area
- Walking paths throughout the community
MORE ASSISTED LIVING PROGRAMS FOR ASIAN SENIORS
Aegis Gardens Assisted Living - Asian Community Program - In Freemont, California
Assisted living and dementia care with a focus on Chinese American culture.
Cliffside Asian Unit Program -New York- Nursing care for senior citizens in the Asian community in New York.
Aristacare Indian Nursing Home Program at Alameda Center -New Jersey, USA
Rehabilitative, subacute and long-term care facility catering to Indian seniors, NRI seniors, South-Asian seniors living in the United States. Nursing care is provided in an environment where Indian culture is respected and languages such as Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi are understood by staff.
Guru Nanak Niwas Independent Living Facility Program - Vancouver, Canada
Assisted living facility for South Asian, Indo-Canadian seniors. Staff is fluent in English, Punjabi, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu and Fijian Hindi.