BROTHERS REDEVELOPMENT HOME REPAIRS FOR SENIORS
“Brothers Redevelopment’s Home Modification and Repair Department is anchored by strong partnerships with local governments. They fund our Help for Homes, Home Rehabilitation and Home Modification programs, which improve residential safety and accessibility and address aging-home concerns. Through these partnerships, Home Modification and Repair Department has repaired and rehabilitated the homes of tens of thousands of disabled and elderly homeowners...”
“Painting a home exterior can cost upward of $5,000 a huge expense for any homeowner. The Paint-A-Thon program offers income-eligible homeowners the chance to save big and devote their savings to their other important costs, such as medication, groceries and bills, while still maintaining their most important investment their home.”
Brothers Redevelopment can help older adults with the following free home repair and modification services:
- Roll-in or Step-in shower conversion
- Wheelchair ramp construction
- Wide-tread exterior stair installation for walker access
- Door widening for wheelchair/walker access
- Grab bar installation
- Hand-held shower installation
- Roll-under sink/counter installation
- Carpet to solid surface upgrade for wheelchair/walker mobility
- Exterior maintenance and repair
- Fascia, soffit and gutter repair
- Exterior rail repair, fabrication and installation
- Exterior plumbing and light electrical repairs
- Sewer repair and replacement
- Security and storm door repairs and installations
- Roofing repair and replacement
- Water supply repair and replacement
- Plumbing repairs: sinks, faucets, valves, drains and toilets
- Minor electrical repairs, switch and fixture replacement
- Electrical service replacement for safe use
- Door repair/installation
- Wall and flooring repair and replacement
- Repair or installation of heating system
- Repair or installation of hot water heater
The Paint-A-Thon program provides free house painting for seniors with the assistance of volunteers.
The CAPABLE program arranges for in-home visits from an occupational therapist, a registered nurse and a handy worker to help make free home modifications for older adults who would like to continue to safely live in their own home.
Brothers Redevelopment coordinators can also help with the following senior services:
- Assist older adults with applying for senior benefits and services, such as Social Security, Veterans and other federal and state benefits.
- Counseling and education services provide information on housing-related financial topics, living wills, identity-theft protection, powers of attorney, financial planning and budgeting.
- Arrange for seniors to receive free food assistance, free house cleaning services, free yard work, healthcare, transportation and more.
- Identify and enhance educational and recreational opportunities.
- Help strengthen social networks and civic engagement for older adults aiming to reduce isolation and loneliness.
source: brothersredevelopment.orgAging Programs
Home Modification, Home Repair Assistance, Design for Aging in Place
WATCH VIDEO ON BROTHERS REDEVELOPMENT HOME REPAIRS FOR SENIORS