CANADIAN COALITION FOR SENIORS' MENTAL HEALTH (CCSMH)
WHATCanadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health advocates for issues affecting the mental health of older adults.
WHYTo improve the health and well-being of older adults.
WHERECanadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health.
“Mental illness is not a normal part of aging. All seniors have the right and deserve to receive services and care that promotes their mental health and responds to their mental illness needs.”
The Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health works to help promote the mental health of older adults by:
- Ensuring that the mental health of older adults is recognized as a key Canadian health and wellness issue.
- Advocating for mental health issues of seniors at a National level.
- Facilitating initiatives that create a strong mental health research agenda.
- Increasing public and professional awareness of senior mental health issues.
- Co-ordinating working groups to create mental health educational tools and resources.
- Creating partnerships at national, provincial, territorial and local levels.
Elderly Depression & Mental Health Programs
Elderly Suicide Prevention Programs