THE BRITISH GERIATRICS SOCIETY CORONAVIRUS FOR OLDER PEOPLE GUIDE
“Older people are the main users of health and social care services and their high morbidity rates, different patterns of disease presentation, slower response to treatment and requirements for social support, call for special medical skills.”
Topics on Coronavirus and Older Adults include:
- Coronavirus Geriatric Basics.
- COVID-19 and Medications for Older People.
- Managing COVID-19 in Care Homes.
- COVID-19 Health and Care Staff Wellbeing.
- COVID-19 Dementia and Cognitive Impairment.
- Keeping Older Adults Safe at Home.
- COVID-19 Rehabilitation of Older Adults.
- COVID-19 End of Life Care.
The British Geriatrics Society is made up of professionals in healthcare for older adults.
Members include Geriatricians, nurses, GPs, psychiatrists, healthcare professionals, and researchers.
The British Geriatrics Society conducts aging related research, provides professional development for healthcare professionals who work with older people, advocates for healthcare policy supporting older adults, and provides guidance, publications and literature on aging related issues such as healthy aging, pain management, falls, acute care, chronic care, dementia, end of life care and COVID-19.
COVID-19 Senior Programs
Senior Medical Health Programs
WATCH VIDEO ON CORONAVIRUS AND OLDER PEOPLE