Based in Virginia, USA. Available across the USA.
“NEW Solutions is proud to connect professionals, age 55+, with part-time and full-time opportunities throughout the country. These are non-federal, grant-administered positions and are not meant to compete with private sector wages. Duties range from clerical and administrative to technical and scientific.” newsolutions.org
NEW Solutions staff recruit and support older workers who bring dedication, motivation, reliability and diverse skills to the workforce.
NEW Solutions works with federal agencies to help place seniors in jobs where they can make a difference.
- Older adults looking for jobs are required to review job openings and submit an application.
- NEW Solutions reviews applications and forwards to agency contacts.
- NEW Solutions contacts applicants who have been selected for an interview.
- The federal agency notifies NEW Solutions who they have selected for the position
- NEW Solutions checks professional references before making an official offer.
Experienced workers participating in the Program are called temporary enrollees and are not considered employees of the federal agency nor NEW Solutions.
Federal agencies where seniors may apply for job placement include:
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services
- Forest Service Department of Agriculture
- National System of Public Lands
- Economic Research Service Department of Agriculture
- National Parks Service
- Agriculture Research Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- The Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program
- The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
The website has helpful career advice specific to seniors including resume tips for older adults, job search strategies, overcoming age discrimination and stereotypes when seeking employment, job boards for seniors and more.
Senior Contributions Programs
Senior Employment Programs
Aging Awareness and Sensitivity Programs