THE ASSISTED LIVING FEDERATION OF AMERICA FILM COMPETITION ON AGEISM
Across the USA.
"ALFA again sponsored a film competition featuring short films (under 8 minutes) about ageism that illuminated specific discriminatory practices against seniors, prejudicial attitudes toward the aging process, and institutional practices that perpetuate stereotypes about seniors."
The awards include two categories, one for short films on ageism and the other for a public service announcement (PSA) which informs the public about the principles of choice, dignity, and independence in senior living communities in America.
With the long term goal of eliminating ageism in society winning films should have:
- Demonstrated the destructive forces of ageism in society .
- Raised public awareness of how ageism is expressed in direct or subtle ways.
- Demonstrated how individuals can change their attitudes and behavior towards older adults.
Public service announcement entries should:
- Demonstrate the commitment to choice and independence for residents in senior living communities.
- Raise public awareness of the high quality of life enjoyed by residents in senior living communities.
- Demonstrate how individuals change when they move into a senior living community.
The Assisted Living Federation of America representing senior living providers and the seniors and families they serve is a leading voice in the fight against ageism in America.
Aging Awareness & Sensitivity Programs
WATCH VIDEO ON AGEISM BY THE ASSISTED LIVING FEDERATION OF AMERICA FILM COMPETITION