METLIFE THE ESSENTIALS GUIDE TO PREVENTING ELDER ABUSE
The National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse. (NCPEA)
"According to the American Psychological Association, it is estimated that each year more than 2 million older Americans fall victim to physical, psychological, financial, or other forms of abuse and neglect, and that number could be even higher because for each report of elder abuse there may be as many as five or more that go unreported."
"The MetLife Mature Market Institute is Metropolitan Life Insurance Company's (MetLife) center of expertise in aging, longevity and the generations."
-source: MetLife The Essentials: Guide to Preventing Elder Abuse.
‘MetLife The Essentials: Guide to Preventing Elder Abuse’ covers the following elder abuse topics:
- What Is Elder Abuse?
- Who Are the Victims of Elder Abuse?
- Who Are the Perpetrators of Elder Abuse?
- What Types of Elder Abuse Are There?
- How Can I Tell if a Loved One Is Being Abused?
- What Are the Signs of Physical Elder Abuse?
- What Are the Signs of Sexual Abuse?
- How Can I Tell if My Loved One Is Suffering from Psychological Abuse?
- What Are the Signs of Neglect?
- What Is Self-Neglect?
- What Are the Signs of Financial or Material Abuse/Exploitation?
- How Costly Is Financial Elder Abuse?
- Why Are Older Adults Particularly Vulnerable to Financial Exploitation?
- How Can I Tell a Scam from a Legitimate Offer and How Should I Proceed?
- How and Where Do I Report Abuse?
- What Will Happen if I File an Elder Abuse Report?
- Are Situations of Abuse Always Prosecuted?
- If I Suspect Abuse in a Nursing Home or Other Residential Care Facility,What Do I Do?
- What Can I Do to Prevent Myself from Becoming a Victim of Elder Abuse?
- What Can I Do to Protect My Parents or Other Older Relatives from Becoming Victims of Elder Abuse?
MetLife, Inc. is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers.
source: MetLife The Essentials: Guide to Preventing Elder Abuse.
Elder Abuse Prevention Programs