SENIORS PET ASSISTANCE NETWORK PROGRAM
Dallas, Texas, USA.
The Seniors Pet Assistance Network works with Aunt Louise's Pet Pantry and with volunteers to deliver free pet food to seniors throughout the Dallas area.
An emergency supply of free pet food is also stored for seniors in need.
Donations are accepted from groups, individuals and corporations such as Del Monte Foods which is a contributor to the Pet Pantry Program.
Financial assistance for basic veterinary pet care includes: annual shots, preventive heart worm and flea medication and other veterinary services to help elderly with pets on a case by case basis.
Volunteers looking to help the elderly care for their pets can do do by:
- Helping maintain the pet pantry - buy, pick up and organize donated pet food
- Delivering pet food to seniors - visit seniors and their pets and drop off free pet food for the month
- Help with Volunteer intake - maintain volunteer list and help with new volunteers orientation
- Build Partnerships - maintain vet client and sponsor list and build relationships
- Serve as a Board Member -attend monthly board meetings, take official minutes
MORE PETS AND SENIORS PROGRAMS:
Pets for Elderly
Terminally Ill and Their Pets
Service Dogs for Elderly