HIP HOUSING HOME SHARING
San Mateo, California, USA.
“I'd been a homeowner for 20 years and things became increasingly expensive the market crashed and it was paycheck to paycheck and it didn't make sense to keep the house luckily I found hip housing.”
--video: Mike & Heidi Home Sharing 2019. -hiphousing.org
A home sharing arrangement can include a home provider being matched with a home seeker who pays rent and/or exchanges household duties for reduced rent.
Home sharing can include sharing:
-A room to rent in a home or apartment
-Renting an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) – also referred to as detached units, in-law suites, backyard cottages, or granny flats.
Benefits of home sharing include:
- A practical solution to provide affordable housing.
- Reducing housing costs, rent, mortgage, repairs and maintenances.
- Allows home owners to remain in their own home.
- An efficient use of existing housing.
- Keeping residents and workers local.
Hip Housing Home Sharing helps older adults and other find someone to share a home with by providing the following services and benefits:
- Interviewing and screening applicants.
- Personal Housing Coordinator.
- Background search.
- Facilitation of Living Together Agreement.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Follow up support.
Senior Home Sharing and Senior Cohousing
WATCH VIDEO ON HIP HOUSING HOME SHARING