METTA FUND FOUNDATION
San Francisco, California, USA.
“As the population of older adults dramatically increases and life expectancies continue to rise, most of us will need care from both family and paid caregivers at some point.”
“A lifetime of inequity whether racial, economic, or gender-based is compounded in old age.”
As the aging population grows so does the need for caregivers and caregiver training.
Metta Fund supports professional and family caregivers with funding that:
- Allows caregivers to provide older adults with culturally appropriate senior services and better understand the health care system by receiving training and resources.
- Emphasizes the rights of low-income and immigrant caregivers through advocacy, research, and storytelling.
Social Connections are important to the physical and mental health of older adults.
The Metta Fund aims to reduce isolation and loneliness in the elderly by:
- Bridging the digital divide by subsidizing older adult’s access to technology and providing technological literacy.
- Supporting health care and social services agencies that serve older adults.
- Creating opportunities for older adults to be socially active.
The Metta Fund Foundation helps create a better future for older adults free of ageism through partnership, grant funding and advocacy.
Aging Related Programs
Caregiver Education & Training Programs