MILKEN INSTITUTE CENTER FOR THE FUTURE OF AGING
Online with offices in Santa Monica, Washington, London, Singapore.
“We need to focus on the way that people are living now and that they are going to live in the future and not just how they lived in the past.”
Julián Castro - Former U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
video: The Next Urban Revolution: Reimagining Cities for an Aging Population
“The ‘Silver Economy’ ... includes not just the direct purchases of products and services by our older citizens, but also the economic activity generated by their spending and broader needs. It includes every dollar spent by consumers, companies and governments on products, services and activities that enhance the quality of life of aging people, as well as the jobs, taxes, charitable giving and additional value that gets created in the process… Beyond purchasing power, businesses that embrace age-friendly workplaces can benefit from an advantage in the competition for talent.”
“As we live longer, our society is being transformed in ways we couldn’t have imagined. It’s vital that individuals and businesses recognize the tremendous potential of this longevity revolution. Far from being an economic challenge, our aging population could generate the most significant economic opportunity of our lifetime.”
Publication: ‘Longevity The Economic Opportunity of Our Lifetime’ source:aging.milkeninstitute.org
The Milken Institute Center for the Future of Aging aims to change the perception of older adults and promote policies which allow older adults to feel productive and engaged throughout their lifetime. The initiative works to promote investing in older adults as a part of the economy.
Some of the Milken Institute’s aging related seminars, research and publications include:
- Best Cities for Successful Aging – index measuring economic, employment, financial, job conditions, housing, transportation, social engagement factors that help create safe, affordable, connected and engaged communities along with health and wellness, crime rates and weather.
- Aging Forward Cities for 2030 - integrating population aging into strategies into how cities are built and grown including intergenerational mixed-use neighborhoods, smart city technologies, and integrated housing and healthcare .
- What All Mayors Must Do Now To Help Their City's Older Residents – Mayors Pledge recognizing the power cities hold to transform into age-friendly cities.
- Power of Purposeful Aging – Culture Change and the New Demography.
- Longevity - The Economic Opportunity of Our Lifetime.
- How the Driverless Car Could Transform Older Adults Lives.
- The Longevity Economy.
- Business of Longevity Conference – discussion of economic opportunities and challenges presented by the world’s aging population and increased longevity.
The Milken Institute Center for the Future of Aging is a part of the Milken Institute a think tank which aims to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health through independent, data-driven research, action-oriented meetings and meaningful policy initiatives.
Aging Awareness & Sensitivity Programs
WATCH VIDEO ON MILKEN INSTITUTE CENTER FOR THE FUTURE OF AGING