INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GERONTOLOGY AND GERIATRICS
"IAGG has 73 member organizations in over 65 countries worldwide with a combined membership of over 45,100 professionals: key opinion leaders in health & social services, housing & income support, research & education, public policy, administration & other areas, disciplines, and professions that impact older people and affect their quality of life."
The International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics Nursing Home Care Training includes education for administrators, nurses, physicians, and staff involved in elderly care in the institutional setting.
The aim of nursing home care training is:
- To increase awareness of the importance of quality nursing home care.
- To improve esteem of persons working in nursing homes.
- To increase knowledge of those in nursing home leadership positions.
- To help develop an international network of potential nursing home researchers.
- To foster interdisciplinary interactions between workers in the nursing home.
The International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics also holds a Master Class on Aging for professionals in geriatric medicine made up of lectures, presentations and group activities.
The master class allows International geriatricians and other aging related experts to work with each other and promote collaboration in future aging research.
Aging Awareness & Sensitivity Programs