CENTRE FOR TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION FOR AGING IN THE NORTH
To ensure that technologies positively impact the lives of older adults and caregivers in northern and rural communities.
Prince George, BC, Canada.
“Aging in northern and rural communities often brings challenges for older adults and caregivers, from the need to travel vast distances for health services to limited connectivity and access to technologies available to those in more urban settings.”
“People living and aging in northern and rural communities have the right to the same supports and services as those in more urban environments…everyone should be able to access the right technology in the right place at the right time that works to meet their needs.”
- Dr. Shannon Freeman.
The Centre for Technology Adoption for Aging in the North collaborates with tech developers, older adults, caregivers, health-care providers, and companies to bring AgeTech to rural communities.
Projects include providing older adults access to:
- Telehealth, Telegeriatrics and Videoconferencing to Geriatric Care
- Predictive Modelling of Healthcare Utilization and Healthcare Resources
- Smart Home Technology Computer Interactive Reminiscing and Conversation Aid
- Stediwear Gloves for those with Parkinson’s Disease
- Dementia-inclusive Streets and Community Access, Participation, and Engagement
- Intergenerational Effects on the Impacts of Technology Use in Later Life
source: ctaan.caAging Programs
Aging Awareness & Sensitivity Programs
WATCH VIDEO ON AGETECH