Advocacy for older adults includes:
- Letters to the editor and media campaigns.
- Minority outreach and coalition building among stakeholders.
- Public testimony.
- Presentations at community forums and events.
- Represents older adults to government officials, public and private agencies and organizations.
- Monitors and evaluates policies and programs which affect older adults.
- Undertakes a leadership role in helping communities throughout the plan to meet the needs of low-income minority older adults.
AgeOptions is a nonprofit organization connecting older adults and caregivers with resources and service and promotes independence for older persons in their own homes and communities.
Aging Awareness & Sensitivity Programs