COVID CONVERSATIONS TOOLBOX
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California.
“Conversations around serious illness and medical treatment options can be very empowering. Patients are often relieved to be asked about their values and wishes, family members avoid the anguish of guessing what the patient would want, and medical providers can move confidently in providing patient-centered care.”
"The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California is the respected voice for advance care planning and palliative care in California… We’ve gathered together some of our best resources, as well as those of other respected leaders, in this COVID Conversations Toolbox to provide easy access and support for healthcare providers and consumers as they navigate decision-making during these challenging times.”
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California’s website offers COVID-19 end of life care and advance planning for individuals and families on topics such as:
- Advance Care Directive Forms.
- Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment POLST Forms.
- Conversation tips and scripts about care during COVID-19.
- Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity with respect to end-of-life care.
- Emotional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to deal with stress, anxiety and grief.
In addition the website offers free COVID Conversation webinars and slides on topics such as:
- Difficult Conversations in the Time of COVID-19.
- COVID Conversations: Decision Aids such as CPR, Artificial Hydration, Ventilators, Tube Feeding and Comfort Care.
- Medical Decision-making in the Face of Serious Illness.
End of Life Care
General End of Life Care Programs
WATCH VIDEO FROM AMA ON PALLIATIVE CARE AND COVID-19