GRANDFAMILIES KINSHIP CARE PROGRAM
WHAT A support program for grandparents or other relatives caregiving for a relative's child.
WHYTo provide support, crisis intervention, guardianship and custody information to grandparents or other relatives caregiving for a child.
WHEREChildren’s Service Society of Utah.
Some of the issues that grandparents or other relatives may face when caregiving for a child include:
- Affordable services for guardianship, custody, and adoption.
- Financial resources to meet the needs of children.
- Medical insurance or Medicaid for the child.
- Access to enrollment in school for the child.
- Lack of affordable child care.
- Lack of emotional support.
The Grandfamilies Kinship Care Program provides grandparents and other relatives assistance with:
- Crisis intervention.
- Adult educational support groups.
- Children's support groups.
- Links to community resources.
- Drug and alcohol prevention services for children.
WATCH VIDEO ON GRANDFAMILIES KINSHIP CARE PROGRAM