ELDER ABUSE EDUCATION AND OUTREACH PROGRAM
New York, NY, USA.
"The Elder Abuse Education and Outreach Program provides education and outreach to the general public, including older persons and their families and caregivers, in order to identify and prevent elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation."
The Elder Abuse Education and Outreach Program helps prevent elder abuse by providing the following resources and services:
- Elder abuse prevention training for professionals and non-professionals who work with older adults on how to recognize elder abuse and how to facilitate intervention.
- Intervention in elder abuse cases including scam and fraud.
- Addiction services and financial management support for budgeting, bill paying, day-to-day financial matters, and assistance with identifying eligibility for benefits.
- Assistance to abused older adults through guardianship and limited power of attorney.
- Area Agencies on Aging are provided with education on issues related to elder abuse.
- Public awareness presentations on elder abuse, senior scams and frauds to older adults and other groups.
The Elder Abuse Education and Outreach Program works through grants used to expand upon existing local elder abuse education and outreach programs, and to support a New York statewide effort to increases awareness and prevention of elder abuse.