AARP FRAUD WATCH NETWORK
Across the USA.
“Knowledge gives you power over scams. The AARP Fraud Watch Network equips you with reliable, up-to-date insights, alerts and fraud prevention resources to help you spot and avoid scams and protect your loved ones. We even cover the latest scams in the news.”
“If you've been targeted by scams or fraud, you are not alone. Our trained fraud specialists provide support and guidance on what to do next and how to avoid scams in the future.”
“… you’ll learn how to proactively spot scams, get guidance from our fraud specialists if you’ve been targeted, and feel more secure knowing that we advocate at the federal, state, and local levels to protect consumers and enforce the law.”
The network has a dedicated AARP Fraud Hotline 877-908-3360 supported by trained fraud specialists along with a website with several online resources.
The AARP Fraud Watch Network provides the following fraud prevention resources:
- The Latest Senior Scams in the News.
- Videos and Information on How Specific Senior Scams Work.
- Senior Scam Tracking Map – a map showing scams according to zip codes, users can also use this tool to report scams.
- Senior Scam Alerts via Text – regular watchdog alerts sent to a phone.
- Social Media – connecting with others on Facebook and Twitter to communicate about senior scams.
- Common Senior Scams - are detailed including warning signs, and dos and don’ts for older adults.
- The Perfect Scam Podcast - tells stories of people who have been targets of a scam and features experts to explain how scammers work.
Common senior scams and fraud include:
Car Warranty Scams
Credit Card Interest Rate Scam
Email Extortion Scams
Gift Card Fraud
Health Insurance Scams
Jury Duty Scams
Medical Equipment Scams
Medicare Card Scams
Online Banking Scams
Ponzi and Pyramid Schemes
Porch Pirate Scams
Stimulus Check Scams
Sweepstakes and Lottery Scams
Tech Support Scams
AARP helps prevent elder financial abuse by advocating for laws and regulations to help stop scams and fraud attempts from occurring.
Elder Abuse Prevention Programs
Financial Elder Abuse Prevention Programs
WATCH VIDEO ON AARP FRAUD WATCH NETWORK